Real-Time Rewards is a method that enables you to instantly redeem rewards when you make a credit card purchase. Your mobile device can be used to immediately redeem rewards in the form of a credit to your monthly credit card billing statement.
To update your mobile phone number, modify your preferences or opt-out of receiving messages, please visit your credit card online account and navigate to the Rewards Center to edit your Real-Time Rewards settings.
Frequently asked questions
After making a purchase on your enrolled credit card account that meets your preferences, you will receive a text message asking if you want to use rewards to redeem immediately after the purchase. Simply reply ‘REDEEM’ to the message to complete the redemption. Your rewards will be deducted from your rewards balance and redeemed in the form of a credit to your monthly credit card billing statement.
You may only redeem against the most recent text message received.
You can opt-out at any time by going online to the Rewards Center or by texting ‘STOP’ to REDEEM (733336) or by calling the Rewards Center. After you opt-out, you may still receive text messages for up to 24 hours.
Please visit the Rewards Center online to view the full Program Rules for additional details. You may also call the number on the back of your card.
With Real-Time Rewards, you may instantly redeem rewards for your credit card Purchases via text messaging. The rewards redemption comes in the form of a credit to your monthly billing statement. Rewards will be deducted from your Points balance and a credit for the Purchase amount will be applied to your Account billing statement when you request redemption. For transactions which include a gratuity, fees, or estimated taxes, the statement credit may not equal your final Purchase amount. Auto bill pay transactions will be part of Real-Time Rewards text messages if the Purchase falls within your preference selections. Real-Time Rewards text messages are available only for transactions with U.S. merchants. You may sign up for Real-Time Rewards using your 10-digit U.S. mobile number. Only one mobile number may be used per credit card account. After you complete a brief enrollment profile, you need to confirm your enrollment within 24 hours by replying ‘YES’ to a confirmation message that Real-Time Rewards will send you. If any changes are made to your Account that will affect the card number, account ownership or your rewards program, you will need to re-enroll in Real-Time Rewards. Message and data rates may apply. The short code REDEEM (733336) is used by Real-Time Rewards to send redemption requests. Message frequency is based upon the preferences you select and the Purchases you make on your Account. Text ‘HELP’ to REDEEM (733336) for Help. Text ‘STOP’ to REDEEM (733336) to cancel your participation in Real-Time Rewards. All cancellations completed via text message will remove that mobile number from all accounts registered for Real-Time Rewards. For inquiries, to sign up to receive text alerts, to update your preferences or to cancel your enrollment, please visit the online Rewards Center for your credit card account or call the number on the back of your card.
You will not receive Real-Time Rewards text messages until you confirm your enrollment and preferences. You will receive a Real-Time Rewards request text message if your credit card Purchase falls within the criteria you have set up in your Real-Time Rewards preferences. Merchants who accept credit cards are assigned a merchant code based on the kinds of products and services they sell. Your credit card issuer does not control how Purchases are processed by merchants or the merchant codes they use and therefore cannot guarantee that a specific transaction will qualify. Your Account must remain in good standing in order to redeem. You may redeem by replying ‘REDEEM’ within 24 hours of when the message was sent. You may only redeem the most recent Real-Time Rewards text message. Upon confirmation of a redemption request, rewards will be deducted from your rewards balance immediately, and a credit to your statement will be processed within three business days and will appear on your next billing statement. The Account statement credit for a Real-Time Rewards redemption will reduce the Account balance but will not count toward the minimum payment due. All redemptions are final. If you return the item or service that you redeemed rewards for to the merchant, the rewards will not be reinstated, but you may receive a credit to your credit card account (in accordance with the merchant’s return policy).
Mobile terms and conditions
1. There is no fee to receive text messages related to the Real-Time Rewards program. Message & data rates may apply – this can be checked with your mobile service provider. Charges are billed and payable to your mobile service provider or deducted from your prepaid account. Consent is not a requirement for purchase.
2. Data obtained from you in connection with this text message service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier's name and the date, time and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us.
4. We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any text messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
5. Real-Time Rewards messages sent via text message may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless carrier may interfere with message delivery, including terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, weather and your equipment. The wireless carrier does not guarantee that Real-Time Rewards messages will be delivered and will not be liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
6. The service is available on these U.S. carriers, including but not limited to: Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Nextel, Boost, T-Mobile®, AT&T, Alltel, ACS Wireless, Bluegrass Cellular, Carolina West Wireless, CellCom, Cellular One of East Central Illinois (ECIT), Cincinnati Bell, Cricket, C-Spire Wireless, Duet IP (AKA Max/Benton/Albandy), Element Mobile, Epic Touch, GCI Communications, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri Cellular), Illinois Valley Cellular (IVC), Inland Cellular, iWireless, Keystone Wireless (Immix/PC Management), MetroPCS, MobiPCS, Mosaic, MTPCS/Cellular One (Cellone Nation), Nex-Tech Wireless, nTelos, Panhandle Telecommunications, Pioneer, Plateau, Revol Wireless, Rina-Custer, Rina-All West, Rina- Cambridge Telecom Coop, Rina-Eagle Valley Comm, Rina-Farmers Mutual Telephone Co, Rina-Nucla Nutria Telephone Co, Rina- Silver Star, Rina- South Central Comm, Rina- Syringa, Rina- UBET, Rina- Manti, Simmetry, South Canaan/CellularOne of NEPA, Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, U.S. Cellular, Viaero Wireless, Virgin Mobile, West Central Wireless (includes Five Star Wireless).
7. As a participant of the Real-Time Rewards program you will receive text messages based on your participation and preferences. You can opt-out from this service at any time by texting 'STOP' to REDEEM (733336). You may also visit the Rewards Center online or call to opt-out. After you opt-out, you may still receive text messages for up to 24 hours. Opting out via text message will remove your mobile number from all accounts registered for Real-Time Rewards.
8. By participating in the Real-Time Rewards program, you consent to receive, from time to time, further text messages from the Real-Time Rewards program, its affiliates and partners. Message & data rates may apply.
9. The terms and conditions of this service along with participating U.S. mobile carriers may change at any time with or without notification.
10. If you have any questions, text ‘HELP’ to REDEEM (733336) or call the number on the back of your card.